Nonprofit charity eligibility
Terms & Conditions
Amidst the global COVID-19 Crisis, edison365 will accept requests for software donations of edison365ideas and edison365 Open Innovation through the end of 2020. See if your organization is eligible.
Rules, Eligibility and Restrictions
- Organizations can request a limit of 2,000 licenses of edison365ideas. This limitation does not affect edison365 Open Innovation,
- Minimum request is 30 licenses.
- Budget: Organizations with annual operating budgets of any size are eligible for products in this program.
- Nonprofit Charities only:
- Products are only available to nonprofit charities with 501(c)(3) designation, or registered with the UK Charity Commission and/or registered with HM Revenue & Customs as tax exempt, exempt; Scotland, registered with the Office of Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) and/or registered with HM Revenue & Customs as tax exempt; or Northern Ireland, registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (CCNI) and/or registered with HM Revenue & Customs as tax exempt..
- edison365 requires organizations that request free products to send an eligibility validation certificate to edison365 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- edison365 reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's request at any time, for any reason.
- Eligible organization types: A nonprofit and non-governmental organization in the United States must be a qualified 501(c)(3) public charity as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Outside the United States organizations must be qualified or registered as a public charity under the relevant local country’s laws (and where applicable hold a tax exempt certificate), or if no such local laws exist, then organizations must be the equivalent of a U.S. public charity. Eligible organizations must also operate on a not-for-profit basis and have a mission to benefit the local community that could include, but is not limited to:
- Providing relief to the poor
- Advancing education
- Improving social welfare
- Preserving culture
- Preserving or restoring the environment
- Promoting human rights
- Establishment of civil society
- Ineligible organization types: Not all 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are eligible for free products from edsion365. Ineligible organizations include the following:
- Governmental organizations or agencies, including governmental museums, international governmental organizations, and United Nations entities.
- Educational institutions, including K-12 schools, colleges, universities, and trade schools.
- Healthcare organizations, including hospitals, healthcare networks, health plans, ambulatory healthcare services, home healthcare and assisted living healthcare organizations, health research organizations, pregnancy centers, and laboratories.
- Professional, commerce, and trade associations.
- Professional and semiprofessional sports organizations.
- Political, labor, and fraternal organizations.
- Refurbishers that will be installing the software on refurbished computers to be distributed or donated to nonprofits or schools.
- Nonpublic, non-501(c)(3) libraries, including private libraries, school libraries, specialty libraries, armed forces libraries, and libraries in government agencies.
- Territories: Organizations in North America and EMEA are eligible for this offer.
- Terms of service: Organizations that request edison365 products must agree to a press release within 60 days of onboarding and a case study within 180 days of onboarding. Both documents will be written by edison365 with the cooperation of the charity.
- Amendments: edison365 reserves the right to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time without notice.
- Product distribution:
- Paid nonprofit employees
- Unpaid executive staff that act as senior leadership for the nonprofit. Eligible unpaid executive roles include board of directors, president, officers, executive director, and executive program directors only.
- Products will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations and libraries only, not to individuals.
- Donated license offers are permitted for use by
- Nonprofit beneficiaries, donors, and members (such as members of a church, club, or sports team) are not permitted to use nonprofit offers.
- Recipient organizations cannot share, transfer, or resell nonprofit licenses or subscriptions with other organizations.
- Anti-discrimination policy: edison365 values and respects individual and cultural differences and is committed to providing an inclusive environment that is welcoming and free from discrimination. Therefore, organizations are not eligible to participate in this program if they have a policy or mission of discrimination in hiring, compensation, promotion, termination, retirement, training, programs, and/or services based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status. The only exception to this policy is for religious organizations that are exempt from laws that prohibit such discrimination.
Please direct further questions to email@example.com